Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Female, residing in Contra Costa County, California
- A minimum 3.5 cumulative unweighted GPA
- Be active in community service
- Be in need of financial aid - Your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from your Federal Student Aid Report (SAR) must be no more than $20,000
- A graduating High School Senior or Junior/Community College student who will be attending a 4-year College/University in the Fall
- Award recipients must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA during the period in which they are receiving the scholarship money.
- Recipients are required to complete the school term at a 4 year College/University for which the award is paid out. Failure to do so will require re-payment of the amount awarded.
- Scholarship checks will be written out directly to the 4 year College/University Recipients are attending. The scholarship money can be used for school expenses only (tuition, room & board, books).
- The BSF awards scholarships annually and that students are granted only one lifetime BSF scholarship. If awarded a BSF scholarship as a graduating high school senior, the Recipient may not apply again as a graduating student from a junior/community college.
- It is the Recipient’s responsibility to ensure that all of the items in the Application package have been received by BSF by the due date. Incomplete applications shall be given no recognition and no response.
- Our application has moved online for 2023. If you meet the qualifications and guidelines above and would like to apply for the BSF Scholarship, please request an application by sending your name, current school attending and email address to email@example.com.
- The online application will request information outlined in our "Scholarships/How to Apply" section. It often takes longer than people anticipate to gather all of the required information. Thus, we suggest that you review the "Qualifications and Guidelines" and the "How to Apply" section of our website under the "Scholarship" menu header tab to understand the qualifications and what information we will request from you to facilitate the completion of the online application.
- See also Scholarship Fund FAQs for additional information.
- Please bear with us as we work out our new process. Questions regarding the online application process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The online application will be closed at midnight on Friday, March 17, 2023. Thus, all completed application packages must be received by Friday, March 17, 2023.